Birdie's Bucks and Books for Birdie
Books for Birdie
Books for Birdie are in-kind contributions to help support Birdie's Bookmobile. We accept donations of new and gently used books — board books, picture books, and chapter books — for children 0 to 14.
1. Metro Detroit residents can drop off or have the books picked up. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements with "Books for Birdie" in the subject line.
2. Purchase books on our Amazon Book List. We have curated a list of culturally-diverse board books, picture books, and chapter books that will make nice additions to our bookmobile. The books on our list are interesting, relatable, use engaging language, and are beautifully illustrated. Children will like reading them, and adults will find them entertaining too!
3. Purchase a Storytime Book Box or donate one to a child and give the gift of storytime. Donated book boxes help children and families gain more access to books at home, while proceeds from purchases benefit Birdie's Bookmobile and help keep it stocked with books children love reading.
A different book box is featured every month; choose from either 2 or 4 of the month's storytime book selections from 27th Letter Books.
4. Host a Books for Birdie Book Drive in one or multiple locations any time of the year. Our Book Drive Toolkit provides all the information and resources needed to organize and run a successful book drive — a flier, approved logos, and email and social media templates. Download the toolkit and let us know you are hosting a book drive.
Download the Books for Birdie
Book Drive Toolkit
5. Host a virtual book drive. Download the toolkit, let us know you are hosting a book drive, and share our Amazon Book List. We will set up your virtual book drive page and send everything you need to promote the book drive — a flier, approved logos, and email and social media templates! #birdiesbookmobile
Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
Birdie's Bucks is a monetary gift program to help support our bookmobile.
Patrons of participating booksellers can round up their purchases to the nearest dollar. All proceeds are used to buy books for the bookmobile and for children with limited access to libraries and booksellers in their communities.
27th Letter Books
3546 Michigan Avenue
Detroit, MI 48216
Monetary donations are also accepted online to support Birdie's Bookmobile and to purchase books for children with limited access to libraries or booksellers in their communities.
Donations are not tax-deductible
Help get books into the hands and homes of children and families in low-income communities. Please contact us at hello@email@example.com to learn more about Birdie's Bucks, to give, or for more information about becoming a participating bookseller. Thank you for your kindness and generosity.